Submitting Your Data File
Preparing your data file properly in Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet program can ensure the labels & barcodes you receive are exactly as requested, and can potentially expedite your order.
Here’s how it works:
For variable barcoding, place your coding in a column, like this:
*This order will print 10 different barcoded labels.
Adding more variable fields is easy. Let’s say you also want variable human readable text.
Create two separate columns with headers, like this:
*This order will print 10 different barcoded labels with human readable text.
*This order will print 60 labels total, 10 different layouts.
Need more than one product with variable printing? Try separating products by Sheet tabs at the bottom:
1) Each column represents a dynamic part of your label layout.
2) Each row represents one label, unless otherwise stated in a Quantity column.
3) If a part of your label is static and does not change, there’s no need to include it in your data file
(as long as it’s in your proof!)
4) Colors, fonts, images are NOT recognized. If they’re variable, create separate columns for these
and designate with simple text values.
5) Products should be separated by Sheet tabs at the bottom of the Excel workbook.
6) Don’t have Excel or a similar spreadsheet program? Try .txt or .csv files with Notepad.
Instead of columns, use commas or tabs to separate each dynamic part.